Volunteers are the backbone
of the festival. Without you, GRIZFEST would not take place!
Join the friendly, helpful volunteers who make this festival work. Every
year our enthusiastic volunteers donate many hours of their time to guarantee
a successful festival. Volunteers can take pride in our community
by being a part of GRIZFEST and in return they will have a good time,
make new friends and help make GRIZFEST a memorable experience for all
those who attend.
Interested volunteers must be available for crew briefings prior to
GRIZFEST and be flexible to work shifts during the festival. Volunteers
must contribute a minimum of four hours to obtain a day pass into the
Volunteers are needed for the following:
- Set Up Crew - assist with setting up fencing, tents, booths, lights,
- Take Down Crew - assist with taking down tents, booths, fencing,
- First Aid - personnel to supply first aid as needed.
- Security - personnel
to help with security as needed. (criminal record check required)
Up (grounds, washrooms) - garbage clean up of grounds, replace needs
in washrooms (toilet paper,etc).
- Gate Control - ticket taking, enforcing
- Merchandise Sales - sell merchandise such as T-shirts,
posters, CD's, etc.
- Beer Garden Servers - volunteers of legal age to serve
beer in the beer gardens.
- Stage Crew - provide assistance at the stage
with equipment set-up/take down between sets.
- Hospitality - helpers to
assist with food replenishing in the artist, hospitality room.
Booths - running booths of chance, games, dunk tank, etc.
- Gofers - go
between to run errands and messages to different points on the site.
Bus Drivers - drive patrons between campgrounds and GRIZFEST grounds.
- accommodations needed for artists. Excellent opportunity
to meet new people and experience a musical feast at GRIZFEST.
- responsible for handling money (ticket sales, entrance gate, beer
Members - to help with organizing, ideas and implementing a successful
GRIZFEST Music Festival.
Volunteers are placed in the areas where they are most needed. We
will make every effort to place our volunteers where they have stated
a preference, but we reserve the right to place volunteers where they
are needed the most.
The GRIZFEST committee holds meetings once a month and then more frequently
closer to the festival. If you are interested in attending a meeting,
becoming involved on the committee, or have an idea for GRIZFEST call
the Community Centre at 242-4246.
For more information about volunteering contact:
email@example.com or call 242-4246.